Experienced and talented Digital Specialist with 15+ years of grooming the online experience. I worked 5 years as a Web Content Specialist for Kroger. I have 8 years of SEO & Social Media experience in the field. I have a degree in Web Design & Interactive Media and a Masters in Studio Art. Other passions include contemporary art, kung fu, and raising two kids with my beloved wife.
- 2011 – Associate in Applied Science, Web Design & Interactive Media The Art Institute of Colorado, Denver
- 2006 – Master of Fine Art, Studio Art, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- 2000 – Bachelor of Science, Fine Art University of Oregon, Eugene
- Web Design & Media Development
- Photography (Master’s Degree)
- Video Production
- Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML5 & CSS3 Expert
- Content Management Systems
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Usability
- Information architecture
- Content visibility
- Index vital signs
- Link validation
- Google Search Console / Webmaster Tools
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Omniture
- Web Content Management
- HTML standards & validation
- Web Content Approval / Auditing
- Web Content Style Guide Management
- Product Category Management
Kroger: Web Content Quality & Assurance Specialist November 2013 – November 2019
During my five years working at Kroger I have been involved with many interesting projects such as managing the transition of Fred Meyer’s Gift Registry program and being in the planning and development of two eCommerce channels: ClickList (shop online/pickup at store) & Fred Meyer Direct (3rd party shipping).
- Editorial support.
- Performed weekly audits to ensure correct product information was going online.
- Facilitated and maintained the editorial style guide.
- Developed & maintained tools for measuring the quality of content publication.
- Maintained & prioritized application issues & enhancements to improve user experience.
- Maintained Internal Search Terms by boosting items on search results and creating synonyms to increase product visibility.
- Updated & maintained the product category system.
Rage Fitness Supply: Web Marketing Specialist April 2013 – October 2013
Senior Strategist for Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, and Social Media Campaigns.
- Optimization of product pages placed several keywords onto the 1st & 2nd Search Engine Result Pages.
- I placed 17 out of 20 top pages that was previously invisible in search results.
- Cultivated a 100% growth in Facebook Followers in 45 days, which grew at a higher velocity than the company’s major competitor (82.86% greater velocity). Reached 168% growth in 69 days.
iTriage (Aetna): SEO Intern February 14 2013 – May 2013
As an intern for the App Store Optimization (ASO) project, I personally increased rank on 24 keywords for iTunes App Store Marketplace less than three months.
Lincoln College of New England: Media Developer March 2012 – February 2013
I really enjoyed the satisfaction of creating interactive learning games. This position required me to master Flash ActionScripting3 quickly, in less than 5 months. I was awarded a pay increase after an annual evaluation on which I scored 95% for my performance.
- Web Design & Development
- Animation Development
- Video Production
Zenman: Web Designer & Developer Intern January 2012 – March 2012
Bringing my Web Design & Development into the WordPress CMS framework was a transformative learning experience for me.
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
U of I: Photo Instructor August 2004 – April 2006
- Creatively designed a university class level course covering the fundamental skills in traditional and digital photography
- Set up grading, attendance, and participation policies
- Delivered numerous demonstrations and slide lectures
- Scheduled meetings with each student to provide guidance on class projects
- Class size ranging from 16 to 18 students